View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 11:25 AM   #22
corners
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorkstadium View Post
I'm basically questioning your assertions that:

1) Copolys lose about 15 pounds of tension by about 8-10 hours and syngut loses a little more than half that.
2) Co-polys are 10-15% stiffer then the TWU figures. The stringforum data I've posted suggests poly and nylon lose similar tension (see point 5) and at similar rates. So it is the nylons that are too low in the TWU data.

I'm also not sure the TWU nylon tension loss data is useful, as it's less then half the stringforum numbers. So, we don't know which strings will have lost the most by the 8-10hr mark for the TWU data, the point of relative stabilisation.
Yeah, I totally see what you mean. The TWU testing is done very quickly, so the "settling in" period may never get reached. It appears that copolys lose tension very quickly after being tied off and that maybe nylons lose tension over a greater length of time, which wouldn't be shown in the TW numbers. I'm very leary, however, to try to extrapolate, convert or equate DT loss to tension loss. They are not the same thing, at all. Looking at DT loss, especially copoly DT loss vs nylon DT loss is not very productive. Sorry that I suggested it to you in the first place.

To get good data on tension loss over realistic timeframes we basically need Racquettune logs. Sten showed his validation of his app using a load cell in that one thread. The app appears to be spot on. We really need a dedicated thread for Racquettune tension-loss logs. (Not DT logs; again, I don't think that's very useful, no matter if the data comes from and ERT or from Racquettune.)

BTW, I still have no idea what your objective is. This is my last reply to you unless you spill the beans. You're about to start your playing season. What is all this reading and thinking about strings leading to, for you and your game?
corners is offline   Reply With Quote