Thread: Rogerís BLX90
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 01:03 PM   #615
corners
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo333 View Post
Cheers, just to let you know I did use the manual method though, but with many repetitions so I think 350 is quite accurate, I would suggest to +/-5.
Have you used the manual method before? Have you ever checked the numbers you get against an RDC machine? Any chance you could put it on an RDC for swingweight and flex?

Sorry to suggest more work for you, but this is for the historical record after all.

Quote:
By the way, can you see a way for it to be possible that even with the different balances, that both rackets above could have the same swingweight?
Yeah, I think, given that P1 puts custom handles on Fed's frames and probably adds moss inside the handle as well, that swingweight and static weight could remain constant and the balance could be changed from 31.8 cm to 32.2 cm. It would simply requiring removing about 10 grams from the buttcap area to the top of the grip.

I have the impression that pros might be inclined to add mass to the head for clay, rather than remove it, so I wouldn't think the shorter balance that ArtArt measured represents a movement of mass from the tip to the tail. But I could be wrong! Given that FabFed's fedsticks all weighed around 364 grams, the most obvious explanation for ArtArt's 367g, 31.8cm measurements is that Fed just added three grams to the butt to make it more headlight. But then your stick, having the same mass but longer balance, makes it all a bit mysterious. (Are you certain that your balance measurement is correct?)

Nevertheless, yours is the first publicly reported swingweight for the GOAT. In the annals of tennis legend equipment, knowing Mr. Federer's swingweight ranks right up there with knowing that Don Budge used 16 ounce racquets. Some people still say he had the best one-handed backhand, and backhand return of serve, of all time. Equipment sure isn't everything, but it is important.

Last edited by corners : 04-13-2013 at 08:04 PM.
corners is offline   Reply With Quote