Thread: Rogerís BLX90
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 08:09 PM   #618
corners
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo333 View Post
Yes, I've done lots of manual swingweight measurements before, and they are accurate compared to an RDC machine, always to within like I said +-5. You might not consider that accurate, but actually quite good for manual measurements I think. It's taken 3 years to get this done, so I can't see it going on an RDC machine any time soon frankly, but if it does, will report back here.
Sorry Jimbo. I didn't mean to give the impression that I doubted your measurements. I assumed you knew what you were doing, but just wanted to make sure.

Quote:
As for the balance, I've done it off a table, so that is to within +-3mm. Again it needs a proper balance board measurement really, to be exact.
I think you can get pretty darn close off a table. Better than +-3mm.

Quote:
Thanks for all your info/calculations. Art Art also measured a Wimbledon racket at 362g I believe, so I think Federer's racket weight does change for different tournaments. I still think the likelihood is that the swingweight is about the same though.
I would be inclined to agree that swingweight would be the last thing that Fed would change if he's tweaking specs during the season. But we could be totally wrong about that too.

Thanks again for filling in the swingweight gap. It's been a long time coming!
corners is offline   Reply With Quote