Thread: Rogerís BLX90
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 01:07 AM   #620
jimbo333
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ART ART View Post
@jimbo333: The curious part here, is to know the specs of your old Federer black prostaff.

When I took the specs of Federer racket, I was told by an "old guy" (Tony) that Federer plays with the old black ProStaff 85 but with a bigger headsize: 90.
So I wonder what's the numbers in those black rackets you have.

Agains't Portugal in the Davis Cup, I saw in the court Federer playing with the 90" version, and then change to the new 93" version, the one that Dimitrov is playing.
Some inside guy at that time, told me that Fed was testing in competition, the new larger headsize of his ProStaff...
Later, we have found that it was truth, and Dimitrov is now using it.

Cheers
Yes, it is interesting that Federer seemed to stick to his 90. I'm guessing at the end of the day the 93 just felt too different (in a bad way).

Now the problem with my Federer PSTour90 from May 2003 is that it isn't a typical Federer 90 racket, he only used this version for a month. Also it isn't fully set-up. Although if i put the lead back in the throat, restring with correct string/power pads, and add overgrip; then it will at least be as he used it. I will measure the specs then, I can't see any point in doing it before then.