View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 08:50 PM   #765
athiker
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepowerofchoice View Post
Ok so I had a pair of Babolat PROPULSE 3 that is much much worse than these shoes above. Too bad I didn't take any pictures before I sent them out. The worn area is about 1-1.5 inches longer and wider. I can actually stick my finger through the hole but I was denied my 6 months warranty. It cost me $10.00 to ship the shoes and I also had to send $9.95 along with the shoes (still not sure what happened to my $9.95)

Here was an email I received back from Babolat. I also sent my shoes within 6 months period from the date of purchase. No more Babolat for me.

Product: PROPULSE 3 GREY/GREEN, SIZE 10.5
Dear Valued Customer,
We have recently received your product for warranty evaluation. After a thorough assessment, we have determined that your claim was not due to a manufacturer’s defect and we are returning the denied product to you. The reasons for denial are:

The warranty only covers 6 months from the purchase date.

Babolat is committed to the highest standards of quality. To qualify for the 6 Month Durability Warranty, the outsole must be completely worn through, to the extent that the insole is exposed through the bottom of the shoe, or the toe guard worn through, exposing a hole to the inside of the shoe within 6 months of purchase. Babolat reserves the right in its sole discretion to determine if the conditions of this warranty are met. We thank you for your purchase and for supporting Babolat.

Sincerely,
Babolat USA Warranty Department
That is surprising. I had no issues with Babolat (or Adidas, NB, Asics or Nike). A little odd the way they worded the rejection. Did you beat the 6 month deadline?

The Nikes I just sent in were less worn than those Barricades I posted pics of that you quoted. They were worn through to the the sole though, if only barely. Its usually not enough to wear just the tread off. You must wear completely through the exterior tread, and under the layer that is of similar material, regardless of color, and into the "cushion" part of the sole. The texture of the material you need to get to is different and softer than the outsole regardless of the shoe make.

I just reread before posting and you state you could stick your finger through! All I can think of is you somehow missed the 6 month cut-off? Did you include a dated receipt in the box? You didn't by any chance try to claim a 3rd pair off an already warrantied shoe did you? Too bad on the rejection...just don't understand it...would like to though.
athiker is offline   Reply With Quote