View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #9
PhxRacket
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas Tennis View Post
Shoulder pain - you have not supplied much information on your shoulder pain.

Where is the pain?

When does the pain occur?

What motions cause the pain?

How long have you had the pain?

What is the longest period that you have taken off from tennis since you noticed the pain?
I believe that the pain stems from a cycling accident and a partially separated, but stupidly untreated, shoulder. Or maybe I sleep funny? Or maybe I am old and years of unstretched use are haunting me? Who knows why? The pain is almost always at the top and towards the front. The pain is frequent. Most motions, including carrying heavy objects below my waist, cause some degree of pain. It has been two months, or nearly that long that I have has at least a twinge. The pain is NEVER searing. I don't take NSAIDs or use creams, just ice. I can't really take off from tennis as I have a 12 year old son who needs a "hitting partner" to keep his edge and I cannot afford to hire one in addition to camps, lessons and clinics. i would love to play age group tennis as helping my son to learn the game has reawakened the college-level competitor in me. I am trying to avoid a medical visit as I will not take pills. I would stretch or even do pt if it fit into my already jammed daily schedule.
PhxRacket is offline   Reply With Quote