55 lbs

Regular string set up
Luxilon ALU Rough
Full bed

Racquet brand and model used for test
Wilson k.six.one 90

Power of test string
5/10
Compared to my current setup this string is slightly lower powered than ALU rough. If I strung it 3-4 pounds lower I would’ve have been more satisfied because the forehand wasn’t producing the same pace as ALU Rough. Overall I think the power is right where it needs to be.

Feel
4/10
The feel was inconsistent. I had trouble with touch shots and even after 10+ hours of play I still do not have the confidence to play soft volleys or short drop shots. The slice was decent but sometimes it would float.

Spin
8/10
The spin production exceeded my existing set up. I think this is where it excelled. I definitely was getting more spin out of the backhand and kick serve.

Comfort
7/10
I found this string to be very comfortable. I had no strains or injuries and it definitely felt much better than the ALU rough which is very stiff.

Durability
3/10
I found that the durability wasn’t as good as I like. After I played for the first 3 hours, I noticed the string was coming apart a little bit. Later with further playing, it started to fray a bit so after about 10 hours is its lifetime.

Playability Duration (share thoughts on if/how the playability changed over time)
The duration only had a minor effect on the playability. I think the durability of the string and my getting accustomed to it cancelled out. Hopefully the durability of the string was only a minor defect for my case. If so I think the playability would have improved.

Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?)
Very good predictable trajectory on the one-handed backhand both slice and topspin shots
Inconsistent trajectory Volley
Inconsistent spin serve at times
Fast swing Forehand had some less than desirable performance

Compare to the string you use most often
Not as powerful or consistent as my usual string. It is however much more comfortable and achieves greater spin.

Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?)
I would lower the tension to 49/47 to increase the power a bit. I was not getting the same pace for the forehand and had to change hitting style to achieve something comparable to my normal style.

List any final thoughts.
I felt like this string could be really good if the durability is better. I think the performance degraded as the string started to unravel. Otherwise, this is a competitive string with a bold color.

Thanks TW and Volkl for the opportunity to playtest this string
Six.one.touring is offline   Reply With Quote