View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #60
borg number one
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by monfed View Post
Ahahahaa you wish. I just love how Federer comes back and wins Wimby and puts his detractors like yourself back into your armchair. That's the fun part for me,proving time and time again that his slam count is here to stay and certainly not a disgrace that is Nadal to break it. What an utter scandal it would be if Nadal overtakes Fed by padding his slam count with cheap RGs.

Oh and a one trick pony like Nadal can never be GOAT. NEVER,not in the eyes of the sane anyway. I feel sorry for Federer haters like yourself, all you have is a one-dimensional moonballer to save you the blushes.

PS: Hoodjem, if Laver is the GOAT then so be it. I'm sure he was a great player back in the day and he can stake his claim to be GOAT. What's most important for me as a Federer fan is that Roger has tremendous respect for Laver and the affection isn't one sided. They're both class acts which I admire and it's great for the game.
Nadal a one-dimensional moonballer? Do you know tennis well at all? Have you played it seriously ever? Moonballer? No. One dimensional? Wrong again. Very special player. Even at about 14 or so, you'll see it happen with Nadal. He'll be the next great thing..the latest and the best..too much money is riding on the entire industry needing to latch onto and market Nadal (if Federer is off the stage and no longer winnings majors). Take off your rose tinted glasses Monfed. I'm not a "Fed Hater" either. He's an awesome player and a gentleman. He's not perfect but no player is. He has some weaknesses just like other all time greats do. He's one of the greatest ever, but his fans are bound to be shocked when they see him eventually discounted just like the other greats are while marketers move on with the "Tennis Channel" effect. There is too much money riding on them being able to convince tennis fans that what they are watching NOW is in fact the very best tennis EVER played by the greatest tennis player ever. So, as Nadal climbs the mountain again and starts winning majors, he will be a candidate for that imaginary mantle. If Federer exits, many interests (racquet companies, ATP tourneys, Tennis Channel, Nike, Babolat, string companies, etc., etc.) will look for ways to keep fan interest. So, Rafael Nadal will get a lot of attention as the "heir apparent" and the talk will be, perhaps it's Rafa Nadal that is the "greatest ever"..and we MUST be watching the best tennis ever played as tennis "continues to evolve".

Last edited by borg number one : 04-18-2013 at 07:48 PM.
borg number one is offline   Reply With Quote