View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 08:10 AM   #844
Mainad
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Ace View Post
Wow, some sensitivity coming from some... I think one of your former citizens was well known for his '...doth protest too much...' line.

To put some perspective to it, Murray was the one saying he was gunning for RG Glory and the clay season was his priority. To say that, then show up and cave in doesn't bode well. Come on UK/Commonwealth guys, take off the rose colored glasses and show some objectivity.
I think you'll find this particular UK guy and well-known Murray supporter hasn't been wearing any rose-tinted specs:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=461044

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Ace View Post
And to say 'the match was on Wawrinka's racquet' is an admission that Murray's game doesn't translate to clay, and his blather about competing for the RG title is pathetic. Not only can't he beat the Top 3 on clay, odds are there are others that can get him before the SFs. If Wawrinka can do this to him on clay, so too could many of the 8-20 guys.
It's admittedly difficult to disagree with your analysis on this occasion. Whilst most of us are still trying to figure out what went on with him in that match, we Murray fans are just hoping and crossing our fingers that it will act as a brutal wake-up call to him for the challenges of the clay season ahead. We all know he can play much better on clay than that because he has already done so!