View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 01:38 PM   #847
Mainad
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan1 View Post
Murray seems like a nice guy and I really wish he would get it together and win many slams. Even Fed touted him as a slam winner early, I believe.
Me too. But I guess getting it together consistently may not be as straightforward for Andy as for the other top 3 players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan1 View Post
That being said, after so many years of being on tour and not being able to consistently challenge Djok and Rafa across all the surfaces must point to something lacking in his game.
He can certainly challenge them on hardcourt and grass. But clay is another matter entirely. His 3rd round drubbing in MC this week makes me think that maybe he will never make as much progress on this surface as on the other 2. He has certainly pressed both Rafa and Novak hard at times on clay (eg. the semis of 2011 MC and Rome) so it doesn't seem like he's not capable but it also just doesn't seem to be a surface he will ever feel naturally comfortable on unlike the other 2.

I await with interest how the rest of the clay season will unfold for him.