View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 01:04 PM   #203
Kirijax
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Tiburon View Post
It was a good day of tennis at UM today . Gabriel Flores had a chance to try and upset the #1 player in the nation Jarmere Jenkins if he could of gotten the match to a 3rd set . Jenkins was starting to struggle physically
but like the great player he is he won the 2nd set in a tiebreak 8-6 . Jenkins was down 5-1 or 5-2 in that set I can't remember and made a great comeback . Diego Soto took Alex Domijan to a tiebreak 1st set by playing the best tennis I've seen him play . He lost the 2nd set 6-0 and you can tell he was done after the effort in the 1st set . Wifredo (Pollo)
saved the sweep by winning his match at the 3 position .

It was a tough season overall for the Canes . The worst part I see is how are the Canes gonna be able to compete with these elite teams . Very tough at UM to get a Academic Scholarship and with the small amount of scholarships given to mens tennis and a tuition now at 56 k , I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel . From what I heard today most players at UM are paying or their parents are paying the tuition . What can the U offer Tennis Players 10% 20% 30% in the form of a scholarship ? That still leaves a ton of money to be paid just for tuition .
They should be able to figure it out. There are successful private schools. Miami isn't the only one with this problem.
Kirijax is offline   Reply With Quote