Originally Posted by BobbyOne
Flash, My list is an overview on achievements, playing stregth and (touch) skills.
It's extremely difficult to make a clear distiction between the players since sometimes two or three players are about equal.
Here my newest list
1 Laver and Rosewall tied
6 Sampras and Federer tied
12 Vines, Kramer, Lendl, Nadal about equal
Nadal can of course jump up with the time.
It's hard to decide between Connors, McEnroe and Lendl...
Bobby, I have a few comments on your list.
- In general I think a GOAT list should just be on achievements, but we are all of course allowed to make our own criteria.
- There is no justification in putting Hoad in the Top 10. He only won 4 amateur majors and 1 pro major, and was overshadowed by Gonzales.
- Nadal should be in the Top 10. He has won 11 majors in the Open Era (at all four venues), is the greatest clay-courter/single surface player of all time, and has dominated Federer.
- I would rank Lendl ahead of Connors, but I admit this is very debatable.
- I will not mention the relative rankings of Rosewall/Federer/Sampras as we have debated this many times...