Originally Posted by Phoenix1983
Bobby, I have a few comments on your list.
- In general I think a GOAT list should just be on achievements, but we are all of course allowed to make our own criteria.
- There is no justification in putting Hoad in the Top 10. He only won 4 amateur majors and 1 pro major, and was overshadowed by Gonzales.
- Nadal should be in the Top 10. He has won 11 majors in the Open Era (at all four venues), is the greatest clay-courter/single surface player of all time, and has dominated Federer.
- I would rank Lendl ahead of Connors, but I admit this is very debatable.
- I will not mention the relative rankings of Rosewall/Federer/Sampras as we have debated this many times...
Phoenix, You are on my ignore list.
But: Playing level is an important criterion to rank players. People like you use to blame Rosewall for his "weak" level in comparison to Gonzalez and Hoad and Laver.
I included Hoad for his high peak level (arguably the best of all).