View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 08:24 AM   #15037
keithfival
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
Keith...it sounds like you might be confusing counter-punching and just playing solid, positional patient tennis with "pushing". "Pushing" typically involves "just getting everything back" without much technique or variety.
Just because you aren't hitting outright winners, doesn't mean you are "pushing". You are constructing the point and trying to gain the upper hand in the rally and when you do, you force the issue and eventually win the point. That's how I have been playing with the 104 and I have been more consistent than ever. My UEs have gone down and I feel like I'm playing better tennis.

BTW, where are ou getting those swingweight numbers from??? How is your K104 340+??? And the new Blade 104 is not 330g /325 sw either. It's more like 320-325 g's and 315 sw.
I'm using the term a bit tongue in cheek, just meaning I'm playing waaaaay less aggressively than I ever have before and instead of always looking to attack I'm just sending the ball back and waiting and almost never attacking. I mean, pushing or whatever you call it is perfectly valid, it's just such change for me, and I certainly miss attacking the ball. I'm continuing on either way and seeing where it leads.

Re: SW, I'm not getting the new blade, but rather the first BLX version which I will weight up to my preferred range of 330-338g. The K 104 stock SW according to TW is 320 vs. 308 for the BLX. One of mine is much heavier and more HH than spec, more like 326SW stock. I like the feeling of more mass than the stock ~315g but I like the stock balance so when I weight them up to 330-338g and keep the same balance they're up to 335-343SW, based on repeated measurements with the TW calculator. For anecdotal reference, the Blade 98 I just tried felt muuuuch whippier than my K 104s.

BLX arrives today.
keithfival is offline   Reply With Quote