View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 08:19 PM   #47
winstonplum
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarky21 View Post
Nadal's only problem isn't Cvac; it's also his destroyed knees and the pounding he puts his body through. He can't stay healthy long enough to do anything much less beat the guy who has owned his *** for 2+ years now.

I also don't think Fed is done. Seems kind of ridiculous to dig his grave and not Nadal's. Fed is still holding up better than Nadal is, even though he is 5 years older.
I couldn't disagree with you more. If we're talking slams, let's look at them. Since RG 2010, Nadal has played 10 slams--three loses to Nole, one to Ferrer, and one to Rosol. I think Ferrer's words in Jan of 2011 were, and I'm paraphrasing his improving English, "If he weren't hurt, I probably wouldn't have won." And Rosol; enough said. That leaves him with a Nole problem and only a Nole problem lately in slams.

He knees aren't destroyed. Just stop it. He has a chronic condition in his left knee. He can play tennis. He is playing tennis, and if you didn't notice he's made five finals in a row and won three tournaments since his return. You must have missed two classic, gutsy Nadal perfomances against Gulbis and Delpo. They were really good. IW was spectacular.

How did Nole own Nadal in 2012? He was 0-3. If that's owning someone's ***, I'm really confused.

I'm not digging Fed's grave, but I think he'll be about done at the end of 2014. That's seven more slams for him grab one or two. He'll be 33 1/2 at that point. I didn't feel he was in decline in 2011 or 2012. In my opinion, he's in decline now. I could be wrong. I've been so before.
winstonplum is offline   Reply With Quote