View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 11:05 AM   #41
MikeHitsHard93
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TW Staff View Post
Let me see if I can help.

I really like both the Pure Drive and Aero Pro Drive racquets. I find them to provide an excellent blend of power and control. And the spin is great! If I had to choose between the 2, I'd go with the Aero Pro Drive. Not really sure why, I just like the feel of that one a bit more. The main reason I don't use them is because of the high stiffness rating. Especially since I love polyester strings, the combo does havoc on my arm.

I used to use Volkl and Boris Becker racquets before my current Wilson Steam 99S. They are arm friendly racquets, which is why I switched to them. I used to use the Boris Becker NYC and before that, the Boris Becker London and before that, the Volkl Powerbridge 9. They all featured the specs I liked, easy to swing, easy access to spin and midplus headsize.

As far as the Steam 99S goes, I love it! Mine are customized with .3 ounces of lead added to the handle to tail weight it. However, there are downsides. It's true, with such an open string pattern, tension loss is an issue. Especially with polyester strings. And the other problem I've come across is string breakage. The "S" in 99S might as well stand for "shredder" because of how often I break string. I've had my racquets for a little over 2 months now and have snapped 6 sets of polyester strings so far. Luckily, like Michelle said, it pays to work at TW!

Jason, TW
Thanks Jason! I really am quite jealous of you all that work at TW. That is honestly my dream job...

I am having a hard time deciding between the regular pure drive and the plus version. I don't want to make a wrong decision.

I've never played volkl, but a friend of mine at my club just purchased an organix 10 and loves it.

That's a lot of string...lol. Polyfibre TCS I presume since that's your alltime favorite?
MikeHitsHard93 is offline   Reply With Quote