View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #75
mattennis
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphMODE View Post
So... Federer won "THIS" M-1000 because he won Madrid-hard, though he didn't won Shanghai yet ?
And Also Rome because he won Hamburg when it was at "THIS" place ?

No, I think It's more complicated than that... That's why we can't really talk about "slots" or "Masters number x", and we can't really talk about "venues" either cause it would be unfair !

i.e : IF we consider Djoko will have ALL Masters when he win Cincinnatti because he would have won in 9 different places over MANY years (and not 1 year) DESPITE never won Hamburg and Madrid-hard while he played them... THEN we have to consider in the SAME way that Federer already won 8 different places over many years (because he won Hamburg and Madrid-hard), and misses Monte Carlo, Rome, Shanghai and Stuttgart.

Are you dense or just trolling?

There are 9 different M-1000 licenses.

Indian Wells bought one of them in 1990 and still holds it.

Miami bought one of them in 1990 and still holds it.

Monte Carlo bought one of them in 1990 and still holds it.

Rome bought one of them in 1990 and still holds it.

Canadian Open bought one of them in 1990 and still holds it.

Cincinnati bought one of them in 1990 and still holds it.

Paris-Bercy bought one of them in 1990 and still holds it.

The remaining two M-1000 licenses:

Stockholm bought one of them in 1990 and held it till 1994, this one license was later bought by Essen in 1995 (and only held it that year), in 1996 this same license was bought by Stuttgart that held it until 2001, in 2002 this same license was bought by Madrid-indoor-hard that held it till 2008, this same license was bought by Shanghai in 2009 and still holds it.

Hamburg bought the other license in 1990 and held it till 2008, this same license was bought in 2009 by Madrid-outdoor-clay and still holds it.

I hope you now understand that Djokovic has won 8 out of 9 , Federer 7 out of 9 and Nadal 6 out of 9.
mattennis is offline   Reply With Quote