View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 03:32 PM   #1853
yourmailman
Rookie

Feelin' pretty good this afternoon ...

Played in a local tournament this weekend benefiting cancer research and MDA.

Paying in the Men's Singles 3.5. Lost in the semifinal to my nemesis from my club 6-2,6-2. Which put me into the consolation bracket. I won the semifinal there over a 36 year old 2-6,6-1, retired. The moved on to the consolation final.

My opponent was a 19 year old kid who has a pretty good game. I have to say in all honesty that ELT saved me.

We would have rallies that started out with baseline to baseline and he was whacking the ball pretty good. As soon as I pushed him behind the baseline, I would pop a nice little back-spin drop-shot. Most of the times he came to net, I was able to nail him on a fierce backhand cross-court passing shot.

My serving was phenomenal with ELT in the 95 degree plus heat. I only had two double faults and was mixing it up pretty good ... kicker on the first, slice on the second, and when I got up, I would blast a nice hard flat body serve at him.

Final score 7-5, 7-6(9-7) in just over 2 1/2 hours. I played all my matches with my Bio 100 full bed natural gut. The excessive spin is starting to return as it gets broken in.

Happy, happy, joy, joy! My first tournament victories that didn't come from a walkover! Woo-hoo!