Thread: Shoe Trouble
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 06:22 AM   #8
NJ1
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukhas View Post
^The Rush Pro is that durable? I though neither GR5 or RPro are as durable as B7s.

Anyway... Play more on clay than hard . I had my Nike AMC at the end of February. I play roughly 6 hours a week, sometimes more, sometimes less. Now, only 1.5 hour of these are on hard... Didn't put a dent in it yet. And yes, the number of hours you got out of it is important for us to guess what you mean. Looking at your shoes I'm glad the high wear areas really do their job greatly since I tend to kill the shoes at the ankle before the rest of the outsole is damaged. Then no surprise, AMC are not as durable as CBs, but they are less bulky and much lighter.

Or do it like this: take a durability guaranteed shoe you're sure to destroy in less than 6 months and you like wearing of course. Send it for guarantee to the manufacturer. Profit. Literally. If you can't afford to do this, the Barricades are the most durable shoe out there, but it isn't for toe grinders though, and since you seem to destroy the front part first, you'd be better off with the CB 4.3 that protect the toe much better.
The Rush Pro durability is a kind of estimate, as I've only had 16 hours with them, but they're holding up well as I put a hole in 2k11s in 15 hours. They are certainly more durable than Gel Resolutions, though perhaps not quite as durable as barricades overall in the toe they may just be.

As regards toe dragging, I find the B7 to be far better than the CBs. I get 45 hrs before a hole goes right through whereas with the CB 3.3 and 4,3 it takes just 25 hours. Nike have dropped the ball as regards toe protection since the CB 2.3s, which isn't good considering they've always been weak in the outer heel (rubber way too thin). Nike are very comfy though.

Last edited by NJ1 : 04-29-2013 at 06:26 AM.
NJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote