View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 05:35 AM   #451
SLD76
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish13 View Post
Gud that you found it funny. I guess it doesn't take much to amuse you.You will find it even funnier that you are inadverently doing the same thing that you are falsely accusing me of doing.

You are using achievement at Junior level to answer my question on what he achieved before winning against Sampras. Leander Paes won junior Wimbledon and US open, was number 1 in junior rankings and ended up winning only 2-3 matches in GS. Gael Monifils won AO, FO and WIM in 2004 at junior level and no GS final so far. Sounds any bell on how much to read in to Junior level achievements?

If you re-read my post you will find that I was not even slightly suggesting that Rosol is the next Federer. I wanted to drive home the point that because Federer won against Sampras, that did not automatically marked him for greatness. His game was still far from complete at that time. ultradr is suggesting that it was not the case. He thinks that with the same game Federer started winning once the field got clear of booming serve and volleyers.

And you ignored the part of his statement where he said even though fed's s
results up til the sampras match weren't earth shattering, the commentators were alreqdy full of high praise for his game and talent. And as I said in my post, I specifically recall the commentators remarking he had alot of talent and that it was expected/thought he could win a slam someday