View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 02:49 PM   #59
Torres
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemicAnomaly View Post
And you are not? Is this really the best that you can do? Yes, I try to do my homework on foods and supplements that I ingest. No, a single serving of 5-Hour Energy does not have "alot of caffeine in it" as you insist. Even if you believe it has 100 mg, this is a fairly moderate amount compared to coffee and many high-sugar energy drinks.
Independent assessments (ie not from the manufacturer) of 5 hour energy say the normal 2oz 'shot' sized version has 215mg caffeine.

The extra strength version has 242mg caffeine.

No wonder Power Player only drinks 1/2 of one. That tiny little 2oz shot blows your mind!

5 Hour Energy has absolutely no sugar in it.

How do you think its going to perk you up for '5 hours'?

It's the high amounts of caffeine that's perking you up.

And if indepedent consumer reports aren't sufficient...

THE ACTUAL MAKERS OF 5 HOUR ENERGY SAY THAT THERE IS 200MG OF CAFFEINE IN THE STANDARD VERSION

http://5hourenergy.com/facts/

Funny how Living Essentials LLC pick the strongest available coffees to compare it to but it doesn't change the fact that they now admit that it has 200mg of caffeine in it. Obviously, their new 'openess' has nothing to do with them being subpoena'd by the FDA to disclose data or the FDA investigations into deaths associated with this type of drink.....

If you ask me, the previous approach of Living Essentials ie deliberately being vague about caffeine content was extremely unsatisfactory (and that's me being polite). It just led to people being confused, young kids glugging loads of this stuff (particularly when its in a tiny bottle), or people drinking it everyday - which they seem to encourage (whoohoo, great for their sales and profits). What they should have done is published the 200mg caffeine content from the get go and allowed consumers to make an informed choice. It really shouldn't have required the intervention of the FDA.

And why do Living Essentials put so much B12 in there? 8333% of the required daily amount? Your body can't use that amount and will just excrete it.

Last edited by Torres : 05-01-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Torres is offline   Reply With Quote