View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #25
JRstriker12
Hall Of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to JRstriker12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui19 View Post
We can use the ball machine for free at my club. I use it to work on mechanics, and things my pro wants me to work on. It is a great tool, but it does have shortcomings. All in all though it can help you work through problems and help keep the rust off your game when you're not playing a lot.
IIRC - the ball machine room at the last club I belong to wasn't much cheaper/hour than a regular court. Only advantage is they have a bunch of cameras set up to capture your strokes, but I wasn't sure recording was included in the cost of ball machine use.

Thought about getting a ball machine, but man those are expensive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshs View Post
I expand my infrastructure by just hanging around the club. Yesterday, I saw a junior boy practicing his second serve and I volunteered to return so that he need not worry about the balls. It was a great experience. Not one adult I know can hit serves like that, and he served to me continuously for 30 minutes with maybe 3 faults. I call that impromptu infrastructure.
Sounds awesome!