View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 10:42 AM   #71
beernutz
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stergios View Post
Quick update.

Hi Guys,

Today there was no practice and tomorrow will be the same. My coach is travelling to Italy to play a club match. (He's hired to do so, so lucky ).

--Warning: Irrelevant to tennis--
As I had postponed everything irrelevant to tennis, a molded wall behind my kitchen's sink was bad enough to make me eat out. And that's not good for my project. And not to mention what it does to my budget!

I thought it would have been a great opportunity to relax by doing something different. Well, wasn't that much relaxing! The last 2 days I've slept 3 to 4 hours each day and haven't stopped a minute. I'm totally and utterly exhausted.

That's the reason I haven't respond to your comments which I've read all and I have to say that you're a great motivation. I'm so lucky to be able to share my project with others. Some of you have really nailed the main idea of the project.

I'll be answering and commenting on your comments on Sunday, fingers crossed!

Once again thank you! I really mean it!
I'm leaving you with some -tennis irrelevant pictures of today!

P.S.: As I'm writing this post I'm kind of dizzy and ready to sleep. I'm sorry if something doesn't make sense!
P.S.S.: I also like to recommend a book I was reading lately which is called "The One Thing" by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan. The authors are talking about how greater the chances of success are if you're focused on just one thing.
You might consider revising your signature from 'NTRP 0 to 5 in one year project' because,
a. there is no such thing as a NTRP level of 0 as the lowest defined level is a 1.5
b. based on your video evidence and the USTA definitions below you are NOT an NTRP 1.5 but more likely you started this project with the skills in the 3.5 range.

So 'NTRP ~3.5 to 5 in one year project' is probably a more accurate description.

You have limited experience and are working primarily on getting the ball in play.

You lack court experience and your strokes need developing. You are familiar with the basic positions for singles and doubles play.

You are learning to judge where the ball is going, although your court coverage is limited. You can sustain a short rally of slow pace with other players of the same ability.

You are fairly consistent when hitting medium-paced shots, but are not comfortable with all strokes and lack execution when trying for directional control, depth, or power. Your most common doubles formation is one-up, one-back.

You have achieved improved stroke dependability with directional control on moderate shots, but need to develop depth and variety. You exhibit more aggressive net play, have improved court coverage and are developing teamwork in doubles.