View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 03:20 AM   #27
Rozroz
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC9670 View Post
If the part in bold is true, don't mess with it. People get too hung up on serve speed. Too much ego. If you have this kind of variety and consistency, you've accomplished more than many rec players. If you get obsessed with speed 1. your first serve percentage will drop, 2. you'll double fault more, 3. you may wind up hurting your shoulder if not using proper form and pre-habbing correctly, 4. you'll likely win less. So, why bother?
i actually find this pretty true, when thinking about it. but still, let's say i'm trying to at least maximize my speed potential. even without hitting the fence, just to make sure i use my potential to the max.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas Tennis View Post
Include in your videos some taken from directly behind the server viewing as best you can along the line of the ball's trajectory. If there is someone to help viewing from behind hold the camera as high as possible. That view shows best the angle of the shoulders and the angle between the arm and wrist at impact.

Take your video in bright outdoor sunlight as many cameras with auto exposure control video will select a faster shutter speed when there is bright light - the fastest shutter speed minimizes motion blur. Many smartphone cameras do this. Repeat the videos until you get some frames very near to impact. If you should be taking video with a newer DSLR, if possible, set the shutter speed manually as high as possible (1/2000 or 1/4000) and also video at 60 fps if available. Many cameras have a high speed video mode such as some Canon Powershot models.
will do my best, thanks
i did consider buying one of those casio slo-mo cams, but the quality of the high speed options are still pretty lame for me to invest. really crappy resolution. i'll wait for a newer better option that i hope will come out soon (ideal budget quality for me will be 1000FPS on 720p. still far away from that ATM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg G View Post
Here's a great video I stumbled across just now:

http://youtu.be/jLcznUls5CI
great aspect of the momentum thing! those 2 momentum points are great simple way of re-directing "free" energy with almost no effort!
this went up to my brain successfully
Rozroz is offline   Reply With Quote