View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 07:09 AM   #28
Chas Tennis
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozroz View Post
i did consider buying one of those casio slo-mo cams, but the quality of the high speed options are still pretty lame for me to invest. really crappy resolution. i'll wait for a newer better option that i hope will come out soon (ideal budget quality for me will be 1000FPS on 720p. still far away from that ATM)
We all now expect HD in our TV. Forget the high speed video low resolution issue because you don't need HD to see everything you need to analyze tennis strokes.

In a high speed video camera the spatial resolution has to be just good enough to see the objects that you need to see: racket, ball, hands, arms, fingers, etc.. Check my videos to see if you can locate these objects. It does not have to be attractive, just adequate. The camera engineers have reduced the number of lines of resolution so that the frame rate could be increased in an affordable camera.

A high speed video camera gives you time resolution, 240 fps takes a frame every 4 milliseconds. If this time is what is needed to to see the rapid changes in body, racket and ball in a tennis stroke, then it works.

Last edited by Chas Tennis : 05-06-2013 at 08:10 AM.
Chas Tennis is offline   Reply With Quote