View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 03:21 PM   #35
Greg G
Professional

Well there went my 3 match winning streak. Lost pretty badly today. 6-2, 6-3. Every game was a dogfight, but I kept coming up short. Could not buy a forehand today. Everything went consistently 1 foot long, which drove me crazy. Why I was targeting the lines, I have no idea...

I will avoid calling the opponent a P_____, because he won fair and square and exposed the weaknesses in my game. I played his game and did not impose myself on the court early on, and by the time I woke up, it was too late. Maybe the 2 week break between matches worked against me, because I was thinking about the match the whole week, putting imaginary pressure on myself.

If you're the superstitious type, I discovered before the match that the maid had washed my tournament shoes which I had worn for the first 3 matches. They were sparkly clean when she brought them out Anyway, I didn't pay any mind to it, my wife just reminded me after I got home

I guess he was a master at the mental game too, because he pi$$ed me off during the warmup. He was going for winners on every feed, and not even trying to rally. I tried to shrug it off, maybe it didn't work.

Look at this warmup!
http://youtu.be/yJmRlxNu8Nk

Here's the footage, aka the good, the bad, and the ugly. I made a whole bunch more unforced errors which I edited out. He had pretty good wheels, good lobs...and apparently that's all it takes

I couldn't get in a groove until the second set. That's on me. The whole match was mentally fatiguing, and it showed in the end. I was playing so bad that I wanted to chalk it up as one of those days, but still, I feel that he contributed to it, which annoys the hell out of me. I didn't make him play enough balls.

I'd appreciate it if you guys chimed in, I need to figure this out. Or at least have someone to commiserate with...

http://youtu.be/PyWzmW2FFXA
Greg G is offline   Reply With Quote