View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 10:38 AM   #8422
Feņa14
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaconda View Post
Casillas, whilst not in his prime anymore (When he was clearly the best keeper with Buffon) is still one of the best goalkeepers in the world. Mourinho actually refuses to play him. Even guys like Iniesta have called him out for not using Casillas. I think he made two of the most insane saves I've ever seen last season.

If you can only names a couple of keepers ahead of him then he's clearly not doing bad.

Mourinho wasn't given the 2000-04 squad with the likes of Carlos, Hierro, Salgado, Makelele, Flavio, Zidane, Ronaldo, Figo, Raul, Helguera, Guti. He was given Ronaldo. Except for Casillas, no other player would get in the starting lineup from this current Madrid squad to their squad of 2003.

Alex Fergusson is a genius. Man Utd will never be the same. I feel Mourinho is probably the only guy who is confident enough to step into such a position given what the last guy did. Fergusson retired with a team for now and the future.
Yeah, they don't seem to be missing Casillas all that much though! Lopez has been really good, whenever i've seen him play this season. That was a great signing I think.
Feņa14 is offline   Reply With Quote