View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #104
The Wreck
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgie Dawg View Post
I refuse to believe it. I saw KU at an eatery in Athens just the other day.
I actually did just see him last week at the dining hall.

He was not eating with teammates. I see the tennis players pal around together all around town, but I have never seen KU in any of the groups. I suspect he probably didn't make too many friends with his teammates, especially if he wasn't putting in the same amount of time they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious Vik View Post
Karunuday was taking 28 hours of class? How can someone even function with that many hours?
I gotta call BS on that. Unless half of them were online courses taken on his own accord. There's no way a school would let anyone take that many courses outside of super special circumstances, much less an athlete who has a significant time commitment to make outside of school. I'm sure he was burnt out, but that's not a valid excuse here. School is over, so that burdens been lifted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikej View Post
funny that UGA sends a live blogger there unlike most of the top programs in that case, and tons of UGA fans tune in on that to cheer on their team

i can see why KU would want to get away from the second-class fans in Athens (topdawg excluded, sorry that your company sucks) in favor of returning to a better place...you know, where the water is barely drinkable
Don't go there Mike. You know as well as I do that dawgie dawg is a troll of the highest order and not reflective of UGA fans.

I'll be honest, I never really liked KU. It never looked like he cared, his attitude was iffy, and he made questionable calls a little too often for my taste. I realize his record was good, but he was never a point I counted on from match to match. The biggest loss, to me, is not his potential point at #1, but the fact that everyone will now have to move up a spot and play just a bit out of their league.

I think we'll get to the quarters...maybe. I didn't think we had a shot with him, so not much different there. Though a semi-final appearance would have been nice, as a little redemption for last year.