View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 06:45 PM   #82
jim e
Hall Of Fame

String, gauge, & color received: MonoGut ZX Pro, 17g., Red
Tension used for playtest; 57 lbs.
Regular string set up: Wilson Nat. gut 16g. 64 lbs.
Racquet brand and model used for test: Head Radical OS
Power of test string: decent amount of power when needed. 3.5/ 5
Feel: Does not feel like any other type string used.Naturally I get more feel from my normal string nat. gut.
Spin: I am old school flat ball hitter, but was able to produce spin as needed.3.0/ 5
Comfort:Very comfortable for a synthetic string. I do have TE and this string did not aggrivate it at all.3.2/ 5
Durability;Good durability. Hit for approx. 12 hours of singles and held up with good playability. 3.8/ 5
Playability Duration (share thoughts on if/how the playability changed over time);Played better after a couple hours of hitting.possibly would have feeled this way if I strung it a couple lbs lower to start, but after the break in time, this was a comfortable string with good control. 4/ 5
Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?):good control string for my flatter style of hitting.Baseline shots had the control needed, and the string allowed added kick to serves.3.8/ 5
Compare to the string you use most often: Nat gut is my preference string, and the gut has more power, comfort and feel, but for a synthetic string it seemed comfortable, with the power when needed, and decent control for baseline shots.
Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?) Seemed about right after the 1st couple hours of breaking in.This may have also been the time it took me to get use to the characteristics of this string. If I had to string it up again, I would string it the same at 57 lbs.
List any final thoughts.A very playable string with feel unlike any other.I may try this one out later as a hybrid with nat. gut.

Last edited by jim e : 05-10-2013 at 02:55 PM.
jim e is offline   Reply With Quote