View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 06:18 AM   #11
OzNQc
Rookie

Thumbs up Here you go! Identical weight!

biomimetic 200 tour bat #1 (stock) = 348 g

biomimetic 200 tour bat #2 (stock) = 348 g

stock = 4 3/8 dunlop gecko grip and prestrung with dunlop silk 16 at unknown tension.

Great QC here with respect to weight

Both bats must have been sitting on the shelf for 2 years lol See comment related to this below on the sticker

biomimetic 200 tour bat #2 (stock) had the big dunlop sticker put on the grip and not on the plastic wrapping = wtf??? Fast forward 2 yrs... I buy it and cannot get all the adhesive/sticker off because the glue has been on there for such a long time. Anyway, this either happened at the factory or someone has actually used the bat and given it back to the store. The store has had to put a new sticker on but f'd up and put it on the handle. They then plastic wrapped the handle to make it look unused. Strangely, the dunlop logo on the strings did not appear to have faded indicating previous usage. Then again, they could have just repainted it on to make it look unused.

biomimetic 200 tour bat #1 (stock)

session 1
- 20 min groundstrokes only on an indoor hardcourt
- I could not swing the bat fast enough
- I made alot of unforced errors and coughed up alot of short balls
- I really disliked the stringjob

session 2
- 40 min service session on an outdoor hardcourt
- I could not swing the bat fast enough initially but once I loosened up the swing, the flat serves were very heavy and fast
- I did not generate alot of spin especially slice on serve
- Ireally disliked the stringjob

session 3
- social mixed doubles session on an outdoor hardcourt
- I could not swing the bat fast enough. I tried to muscle the ball which is a no-no! Hence, I made alot of unforced errors and hit some slow mo balls lol

Session 4
- outdoor hardcourt
- 20 min groundstrokes. I am a weakling lol I could not get enough swingspeed and coughed up quite a few short balls, shankers and slower balls. As expected, I got punished! However, there was some nice spin on the groundies and there were a few occasions where I was on the verge of outright blasting the ball when I got my swing right
- 10 min of service. Again, I am a weakling LoL I ended up pulling out my Volkl tour 10 VE MP bats at the same weight but less swingweight (approx. 314) and 11 pts HL. Things turned right back in my favour

biomimetic 200 tour bat #2 (stock)

session 1
- this session occurred at the same time as session 2 for biomimetic 200 tour bat #1 (stock)
- 10 min service session on an outdoor hardcourt
- I could not swing the bat fast enough initially but once I loosened up the swing, the flat serves were very heavy and fast. The bat felt faster through the air than bat#1
- I did not generate alot of spin on serve
- I really disliked the stringjob

There you go......

More to come.......

Last edited by OzNQc : 05-19-2013 at 03:00 AM. Reason: clarification
OzNQc is offline   Reply With Quote