View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 04:40 PM   #111
ilian
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbac View Post
Just reading through old posts in this thread....

I think they wrote some incredible songs. Much better than the Beatles, in my opinion, who were just a big old marketing ploy which caught on.
Of course they did! It's funny how some people call songs that have remained the best in certain ocasions for over thirty years now (We Are The Champions, We Will Rock You) and many more that would simply not get old (Bohemian Rhapsody, etc.), bad and so forth... There is a reason why a song has the staying power it has and why it proceeds to be played over and over through the years - there hasn't been a better one written and performed! Some people are just not ripe enough to realize the true magic that Queen offered to the public. Eventually, most people do though... And lastly, I would like to add that, in my opinion, the lead singer that would match Freddie Mercury has not been born yet. And, sadly (or not?), we will probably never witness the birth of one... Just check out the performance of Robert Plant at the Freddie Mercury Tribute concert in 1992 on Wembley Stadium and see if you would manage to listen through the whole thing when he is trying to sing one of Queen's songs... As a matter of fact, why don't you go ahead and listen to everyone else who tried? Freddie is not just an amazing four-octave voice, great frontman and a profound song writer - he is also an innovator who dared to venture into many musical genres and he did it brilliantly! How many of these other puppets could match that? The truth is that if you really look into it objectivelly, you will realize that Freddie will blow away any other rock or pop singer off the stage and that includes females as well. If you don't agree with me, you are a minority in this world.

The person who said that Freddie is not in a league with the other classic rock greats was actually correct - Freddie is in a league of his own and so far no one seems to be close to joining him there...

Last edited by ilian : 05-18-2013 at 05:01 PM.
ilian is offline   Reply With Quote