View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 05:41 PM   #112
stringertom
Legend

Location: 106 miles from Chicago, it's dark, I'm wearing shades. Hit it!
Cool

I had never seen this thread until today and didn't scan the whole thing so excuse any redundacies.

I grew up in the heyday of classic rock and my first job while in college was working on the stage crew for concerts held on FSU campus. This immediately followed attending the 2nd Atlanta International Pop Festival in '70, where I saw Hendrix play "The Star Spangled Banner" at midnight on the 4th of July. That is my ultimate moment but it was in a crowd of half a million and I was very far away. The shows I worked @FSU got me hooked on being up close (Ike & Tina Turner, Allman Bros (6 times), old Fleetwood Mac (Peter Green days), Doobie Bros., Don McLean, Badfinger, The Chambers Bros., Pacific Gas & Electric, Grand Funk Railroad, Mountain, Spirit...I could go on.

I also lived in London for six months and saw a lot of acts @The Rainbow Theatre (Procul Harum with the LPO as backing), Albert Hall and The Roundhouse (Steve Howe solo was awesome)

During the 70's/early 80's I lived in the NYC metro area and would buy scalped tickets at double face value to guarantee center seats ten rows in or better. The reason was also for taking photos as I worked for Nikon and had use of any equipment for free. I still have the best images saved on a formatted disc. Some of the best shots are of Queen @MSG on the "We Are The Champions" tour. I would love to share some of them with you if anyone can help me figure out how...I am a numnuts about all the ways to "unlock" the photos; also I am presently computer-less.

If anyone is interested, send me a PM. Thanks!