View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 03:24 AM   #17
OzNQc
Rookie

Exclamation same weight but big difference in swingweight

Here is some food for thought related to my previous posts!

I restrung biomimetic 200 tour #1 and biomimetic 200 tour #2.

biomimetic 200 tour #1
- I put 2 Babolat pro tour overgrips over stock gecko replacement grip.
- full bed of Kirschbaum Spiky Shark 16g
- SW = 338. SW was measured 5 times on a rossignol machine at the stringers shop in the same session as bat #2
-weight = 361 g

biomimetic 200 tour #2
- stock gecko replacement grip.
- Kirschbaum Spiky Shark 16g mains and Gosen OGSM 17g crosses
- SW = 317. SW was measured 5 times on a rossignol machine at the stringers shop in the same session as bat#1.
- weight = 348 g. Interestingly, this is the same weight as the stock racquet which came prestrung with Dunlop silk 16g.

This very big difference in SW between the 2 bats has left us scratching our heads. We could remove the grips on bat#1 and install the same string in either bat to remeasure the SW of both bats, however, we think it is highly unlikely that the higher SW on bat #1 was due to the full bed of poly and 2 overgrips! In fact

The difference in SW has made me think about one of my initial post which has now been re-edited!

Another difference which I can feel on both bats is the balance point in comparison to my usual bats! I can swing my modified volkl Tour 10 V-engine MP bats fine. They have these measured specs 348 g, 10 -11 pts HL SW 313-315 on a babolat machine.

Claub! There you go..... you can get all the weights in the world but there are other parameters at play!!!!

Nonetheless, I cannot wait to have a hit with the new stringjobs.
OzNQc is offline   Reply With Quote