View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 06:47 PM   #25
mikeler
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Chad View Post
Thank you all very much. Gonna stick with my Prince and I am going to try the Ashaway MonoGut....thx mikeler.
The ball is def. coming off the racket at a higher tradjectory; GoudX....you nailed it; my priorities are off; I am prioritizing power over control. Def. will work on this!
anubis, so true! I expected so much by lowering the tension...I expected the ball to fly off, and with just a few hours of practice life would be great! Heck, I might even hit the pro tour! Lol, lesson learned! Thanks again everyone....Gonna get some new string, tighten it up to my comfortable 56lbs. and take full swings at the ball like I used to. Thx again for your help.
Even though this is a super flexible racket and one might think it need lower tensions to add power, I think the open pattern makes everything come off the racket high. So I'm finding that higher tensions work better in this racket to lower the trajectory over the net. Make sure you get the 1.27 mm version of the Monogut ZX. The 1.22 mm version is getting average reviews in the playtest thread.
mikeler is offline   Reply With Quote