View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 05:05 AM   #76
Lefty5
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty5 View Post
I too wonder if its ALL or NOTHING, with this Gluten Free thing. Why can't we just "reduce" gluten and get "some" of the benefits?

I'm on my 5th day of no gluten and I feel AWFUL. Weak, fuzzy headed, can't concentrate, I'm kinda depressed and feel like I can cry easily - none of these is my norm. I'm also hungry all the time. This sucks.

I don't have celiac disease, I have perfect weight, and I feel fine on a regular basis. I'm experimenting with GF to see if it helps with some knee tendonitis and tinnitus in my ears. Hoping I can get over these withdrawal symptoms and begin to introduce gluten back in to my diet and still maintain some of the benefits (if I ever get any benefits in the first place!!!)
I think I owe a clarification to my experience. Shortly after I wrote the above I came down with a bad cold and bronchitis, so pretty sure my feelings were because I was getting sick. I am better now and back to trying Gluten Free again.

I'm a runner and a tennis player and have always struggled with my recovery. I was always looking for recovery powders and supplements to try and get back on the court or trails faster. Going GF, my recovery is noticeably better. I run 11 miles and the next day I feel like I can do it again. My 2-4 day recovery from big runs or long singles matches has been shaved down to 1 or 2 days. My body and muscles feel fresher and more ready to exert energy when I'm exercising. Otherwise, everything else feels the same.

I will eventually introduce wheat/gluten (i.e. beer/pizza) back into my diet to see how it affects me, but for now, its working well going completely GF.
Lefty5 is offline   Reply With Quote