View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #22
AJT
New User

7.0 mixed tournament last summer in the semi finals. I was playing deuce side, my partner ad. I'm lefty, she's righty. We both closed to the middle for a short lob, and both were coming in from out wide and watching the ball (and subsequently, not each other). I accidentally stepped on her foot and simultaneously body checked her to the ground while I was beginning my swing. She got knocked on her *** pretty hard. Not only was she on the ground, my overhead pegged the male opponent in the chest near the baseline (our collision had messed up my shot a bit and it was heading deep) and knocked him on his *** too.

At the end of the point there were only me and our female opponent standing. Of course this had to occur in front of a large group of onlooking friends and fellow players.

I apologized profusely to my partner and she was extremely nice about it, not having seen me come in either. She waited about three months to show me the picture of the massive bruise she had on her thigh from the fall. I still feel terrible. But, she's still my partner and we're kicking *** this year.
AJT is offline   Reply With Quote