Thread: Blisters
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 04:55 PM   #1
anubis
Hall Of Fame

Default Blisters

Hi all,

Hate to say this, but for the first time in my tennis career, I am a victim of a foot blister. I made it to the semis of my local USTA tournament and lost to someone who I would normally beat pretty easily. But my right foot hurt the entire time so I was very ginger with it. I couldn't put any pressure on the ball of my foot, so I couldn't really load my weight into my right foot... therefore my shots were significantly weaker than normal

Actually, it's a good thing that I lost. If I had won, I would have had to play again later on in the day for the final. When I got home from the match, I took my shoe off to see a huge red blood blister the size of a silver dollar. Needless to say I couldn't even walk on it, so I would have had to forefeit the match had I won my semi-final match.

I always just wear one pair of socks.

So anyway my point is, after reading some past threads on this issue, the general consensus seemed to be to buy a shoe that is .5 size bigger than what you normally wear, and to wear two pairs of socks.

I normally wear an 8.5 US shoe for every day affairs. For tennis, I wear Nike Court Ballistec 4.3 in a size 8.5 as well. Should I try a size 9 with two pairs of socks?

I like the Ballistec because it has a very durable sole. Last year, I bought a new pair and wore through them within 6 months, earning me a free pair of shoes for the warranty. I fear anything less than the court ballistec won't last longer than 2 months with me.

I am also happy with the performance and comfort of the shoe, so I'm not necessarily looking to buy something different. I guess I'm just wondering if this is just the wrong size.

Thanks!
anubis is online now   Reply With Quote