View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 07:29 PM   #261
West Coast Ace
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluckcluck View Post
You must be using some crummy balls. Invest in high quality balls and life will be grand.
The problem isn't the balls; it's the courts. Specifically, the fact that they don't clean them often enough. The new strings and the spin they create probably contributes too. I'm like @Orange - after 90 minutes to 2 hrs - std practice time - they are done. Always seems to be someone having a sale.

@jakeytennis, +1. There is a middle aged 'person of mass' who plays at one of the facilities my friends and I do - she might be a 3.0 on a good day. Hard to believe she was ever that good - but that doesn't stop her from berating herself in a VERY LOUD VOICE! on every unforced error as if she's JMac and playing for a spot in the Wimbledon final. One of my friends finally decided to say something and after one of her outbursts nicely reminded her there were other matches going on nearby; she immediately went into 'victim mode' and told her partner "I guess we can't play here anymore; we're not welcome." Amazing.