View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 11:03 AM   #3686
ushynoti
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubles View Post
IG and YouTek Prestige Pro's. I use either a full bed of Pro Red Code, or a hybrid with OGSM.

As for Scorpion, it just seemed rather bland to me. However, what that really proves is how subjective strings can be. Look at PV, he loves it. Conversely, I don't.

I'm not sure whether or not you would consider not buying it because I happen to dislike the string, but I would still at least try it out, because you never know if you might like it.
Yes, that seems to be pretty true, what one person likes someone else may not. I guess there's only one way to find out! Thanks for the input, if anyone else has any input, I'd love to hear it. I use the Wilson Prostaff BLX 90 and string around 48 lbs with VS Touch mains/Luxilon ALU Power Fluoro cross, and I also string full bed Luxilon ALU Power Fluoro, both work for me, the gut one obviously is more cush, but I think I can play with both pretty well. I'm not as sensitive to string anymore now that there are co-polys. Before with just synthetic gut available, it was probably more noticeable.

Doubles, what color of OGSM do you use? I have the clear/white kind and the gold kind, and not sure how I feel about them in a hybrid but seems like it's a pretty popular hybrid, maybe because of the price?
ushynoti is offline   Reply With Quote