View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 07:25 AM   #3
Rozroz
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukhas View Post
Slice your forehands and hit deep with it instead of trying to set the point with it. Use your forehand to play more backhands.

Your luck is that he's going to serve first, so given the fact the match was interrupted, he'll maybe be a bit cool. One of the reasons Gilbert says you shouldn't serve first...

You're also too much focused on your side of the court. Look at what's happening on the other side. If he's so good at net, just hit deeper or/and with more spin to make him stay at the baseline. If he's eating your lobs, then your lobs aren't good enough. Or these lobs are defensive, which lets him plenty of time to hit a smash.
thanks.
i gotta settle my forehands so my game will feel more secure.
what started to happen repeatedly was that he started to give me deep moonball returns that slowly gave him time to approach the net. i had hard time to return deep and solid. besides, he was good at solid defense moonballs.
i usually am quite good at lobs, but he read the court quite good most of the times.

think of him as a doubles rec "expert", rarely playing singles (his dad and him even won some decent rec level tourneys in Romania)
Rozroz is offline   Reply With Quote