View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 06:27 AM   #27
tennis tom
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis tom View Post
I'm muscular so it takes a long time for my muscles to warm-up and for the synovial joint juices to get flowing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshs View Post
What is a synovial joint?
Quote:
SYNOVIAL JOINT:

http://www.ask.com/wiki/Synovial_joint?o=2801&qsrc=999

Suesh, there's this great thing called "google", it's almost making libraries obsolete except to house unemployed ball-boys, you should look into it, it would answer all your questions on the meaning of life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangePower View Post
Here, I will use it in a sentence for you:
"I smoke synovial joints to help ease my arthritis pain. The Jamaican ones used to be the best but now the good stuff comes from Oregon."
Quote:
That's a GOOD ONE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshs View Post
I prefer the personal touch in the answers
Quote:
That you have to pay for-- ***, grass or gas, but nobody rides for free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by storypeddler View Post
I teach college English, I'm a Mensa member, and I have never run across the word before either. Geez, if you choose to use a word that 99% of the population won't recognize or know, you don't win any points by being condescending in response to an honest question.
This was a "PRACTICE" "ettiquwte" thread, therefore we were not keeping score--at least I wasn't. As a MENSA member and a somewhat serious tennis player, you should be familiar with body parts and the basics of anatomy like synovial joints and proprioceptors. Maybe you haven't had enough injuries yet, having a minimal understanding of human anatomy and physiology will help to prevent getting them.

Professor, maybe it's time to take a summer class on the body and a little less Chaucer. Without giving Suesh a lie detector test, I don't know if his question was "honest" or not, who knows what evil lurks in the minds of men? For example if I didn't know what MENSA was, I wouldn't reveal my lack of knowledge by asking you to educate me, I would google it.