View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 06:33 AM   #52
TCF
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro_Tour_630 View Post
TCF do you charge kids to play in your group?

I have succeeded in forming two groups (of 4) for my two kids a mini tennis academy. I would like to charge $100 each for the six other kids per day (at least three hours of tennis) but many times they are freebies. Some of the cost goes to new cases of balls, paying top HS kids and college players to hit with them. I have noticed when money is involved it takes the fun and motivation away. When there is no money involved it is just pickup whoever shows up but I still have to pay for expenses, how are you doing it?
I agree with you that introducing money seems to mess things up. We work ours like this.....I provide the courts as our neighborhood has courts hardly anyone uses, and I provide the ball machine. Another dad and I usually bring the ball hoppers. 2 other dads are USTPA pros so they help me provide the instructions. Two moms usually bring pizza for the kids. I also try to find local HS/college kids to stop by and hit with them.

Its not exactly evenly split of course, but everyone makes an effort to contribute something.
TCF is offline   Reply With Quote