View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 05:38 PM   #25
anantak2k
Semi-Pro

I really like that word you used "grazer".

I am totally a grazer too! I keep getting rained on every time I get out on the courts. So for the past 2 weeks I have been doing nothing but grazing. When I am home I keep eating junk food non-stop!
My only exercise involves running on a tennis court. I just can't get myself to go to the gym. I find it so boring! I don't know how people do it. I wish I would go to the gym at least once in a while but every time I have some free time, I just want to play tennis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by millardus View Post
Jwalls, that is some exceptional work you've done there! Keep going, inspirational. As for the tennis, like anything good, it takes time. I have found that I don't consciously observe my own improvements for over half of the year, and then at one or other stage between 6 and 12 months I suddenly stop and realize that I HAVE improved. Different for other people I am sure, but for me I notice these things SLOWLY!

Back to the weight loss bit now, I'm after some advice from other people who are currently dieting or have already finished. How do you balance your exercising.....

In my case, whereas I am overweight for tennis, I am actually very fit in *numbers* terms (49-54 resting pulse, 110/70 blood pressure), so I can genuinely play sport every day and not generally get injured, fatigued or *too* exhausted....the problem is, I DO tend to do too much sport during the week, which perhaps is why I haven't been to the gym in months now.

I get bored if I am not exercising, and for me, that is a problem because I have ALWAYS been a grazer. When I am on my bum, I snack!

My normal approach when attacking my weight is to play tennis and gym 6 days of the week, so it would generally be Gym on Monday, Wed and Fri, then tennis on Tues, Thurs and Sat...with Sunday off. Gym would normally be 50 mins of weights with small breaks in-between sets, then 20-30 mins on treadmill at 9mph pace. Tennis is generally 2 hrs singles on a Sat, and then 2hrs quite high standard dubs on a Tues and Thurs.

BUT, this feels like too much. I am pretty sure I can still do it, but is this wise? And if it IS too much, what do any of you OTHER grazers do to avoid the snacking when you have 3-4 hrs to kill on a work night? If it is purely a matter of motivating myself to be strong-willed, then fair enough....I need to just DO IT.

Any thoughts and tips out there?