View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 04:16 AM   #5825
Ramon
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkZepa View Post
Wilson Pro Staff Six one 95 w/ volkl cyones @56
I am very fussy about the feel of the string.. The string must feel beautiful and i do put spin but not a hell of a lot.. Lets just say my shots have 'moderate' spin on them.
To answer your questions,
Firm, i dont understand muted or crisp ( sorry to sound like an amatuer ) , and moderate power.
Just warning you, a lot of people who like poly don't like multifilaments because they lose a lot of spin, and the power curve is different. Some people find it harder to take a full swing with multi because they can't get enough spin, and power at high swing speeds is high (poly seems to return less energy at higher swing speeds). Still, if poly hurts your arm it's best to stay away from it.

You probably won't find much difference between any of the top choices on Mikeler's list. They will all feel soft and have more than enough power for you, but they might not have enough spin. You really just have to try one of them first and see if you can adjust to the difference. Prince Premier Attack is cheap, so that might be a good one to start with, and it plays like a typical multi, unlike RIP Control or Intellitour, which are very unique.
Ramon is offline   Reply With Quote