View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 08:45 AM   #1
jhupper
New User

Default Stringing - String noise/ sound - Help!

I've been having a few problems with rackets having a tinny twang sort of noise (this is solved by using a dampener but i think i need to get to the bottom of it for my piece of mind). Its most obvious with full bed poly but it i have noticed it with syn gut. also somestimes it just doesn't seem to happen but there a few string/ racket/ tension variables so hard to tie down.

I've been trying to keep an eye on this to see what i might be doing wrong. I notice that on completion of the mains the string that was initially anchored (and often the next main along on that side) has a very different tinny noise to the rest. I thought maybe i was clamping too tightly and damaging it or maybe the fact the clamped part of the string wasn't getting tensioned was the cause. So... i tried releasing the string just before the crank pulled full tension, no joy. So i tried adjusting the clamp jaw pressure to just the point of holding and even starting mains with a starting clamp, still no luck, i even tensioned it - removed clamp - put starting clamp outside frame and re tensioned to ensure the originally clamped part of the string was fully tensioned.

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be or what i might try to sort it - before it drives me mad?

Thanks
jhupper is offline   Reply With Quote