View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 07:11 PM   #3
chatt_town
Hall Of Fame

That is great advice man. I'm learning a lot of what you are saying at 44. I would play some times 2 singles matches and 3 doubles matches in a day at 36 or 37.lol I play maybe once or twice a week of singles now...the rest if any is doubles.lol I also drink nothing but water during the summer months especially when I know I'm going to playing singles like tomorrow. Well I'll have some juice here or there but I'm putting away enough water for 2 or 3 guys a day now.lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeD View Post
50 is still young enough for singles if you work you way up to it, taking small steps to allow your body to adjust to the recovery needed, usually a full day of non strenous activity after a tennis day.
I know a few 70 year olds who play top of the heap 4.0 level singles, enough to bother most 4.5's. Of course, they didn't wear out their bodies in their youth, have no significant injuries, and know to rest and recover after hard days on the courts.
They also know when to let a ball go, that they would get to, but not do anything with, so they save their bodies.
You mind allows you to play singles forever, but your body limits your levels.
chatt_town is offline   Reply With Quote