View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 09:34 PM   #10
Shroud
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuji View Post
Think about it this way:

How hard is it to volley? Not very, most people can volley the first time they ever play tennis. All you're doing is hitting a ball before it bounces.

How hard is it to hit a forehand? A little bit more tricky. You need proper positioning, stroke mechanics, timing, and confidence to round it all out. Along side a ton of other things. It just takes a bit of practice, and I would know! I started out as a S&V guy, now I am an aggressive baseliner. It took me about 2-3 years of quite hard work to get where I am now, and even then I'm not really an amazing baseliner.

-Fuji
Quote:
Originally Posted by user92626 View Post
I'm the opposite. It feels very very easy to hit groundstrokes but it's mind boggling difficult to volley. Go to city courts, there are about 10x more player at the baseline than at the net. LOL.
Its interesting. I suppose everyone is different and for some people a backhand is hard, and for some volleys, etc.

Anyhow volleying is easier at least for me. But thanks man maybe i should just be a serve volleyer. Imagine how you would be if those two years were spent on improving the sv game you had.

Though i get it. Its like Palpatine talking about how to know the living force you need to embrace a larger view, not the narrow dogmatic view of the serve volleyer..