View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 09:43 PM   #8
Overdrive
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by goran_ace View Post
I didn't really give anything up I've done before to play college tennis so much as I missed out on doing things in the first place because of tennis. I didn't have the time to commit to pledging a fraternity (athletes I knew who went greek usually ended up quitting the sport). Travel during the season was tough on your social life and spring break meant a long road trip with the team instead of partying in Panama City Beach/South Padre Island/Cancun like everyone else. Academically I had to load up on labs and tougher classes in the fall semester but didn't have to take summer classes or take a victory lap (5th year) to graduate.
Hmm.. fraternities...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavna View Post
Nope - we weren't going to miss the best part of college. Playing and studying was hard enough we were not going to miss out on the fun part!!!!

We had at least 4 to 5 trips in the fall and spring with meets across the country - those were killer as we would miss a full week - in 4 yrs I did not have a single spring break nor an Xmas holiday longer than 2 days.
Add to that playing in Europe all summer in club league and tourneys trying to get points - still tons of fun.
Well, there isn't anything wrong with having 'fun'' I guess.