View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 08:06 PM   #45
RogueFLIP
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeD View Post
I don't think you can have a valid opinion here unless you actually have suffered the symptoms or problems.
A person with perfect, medium arch can NOT have an opinion here, because he never expereinced any arch problems.
A person currently maintaining a foot problem has a much more valid opinion.
Like, if you have perfect vision, can you tell a one eyed, poorly visioned person how to watch the ball and hit it? NOPE!
Uh, no.

I have not and currently have no issues with my arches or feet.

In my line of work (I'm a physical therapist), I have helped plenty of people with issues with arch support and what not resolve their symptoms.

Of course the patient's opinions and symptoms are important, the problem arises when they become too biased because all they can hear is what their painful areas are telling them.

Coming from a more neutral standpoint, I have been able to identify and correct other issues (gait abnormalities, soft tissue restrictions, postural imbalances, etc) that may be contributing to the foot issues.

Now, having suffered through certain ordeals will have given me a unique perspective on things as well, but I don't need to suffer through everything in the pathology book in order not just to have an opinion, but to help people.