View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 05:36 AM   #6028
mikeler
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotwheels View Post
Mikeler, For PPA (and also DM & DNA) - how many pounds higher in reference tension than a Synthetic Gut (Prince SG/D for example) would you recommend? Based on 16 ga. I assume.

bad_call, Same question on reference tension for Multifeel.

Thanks for the help!
I have found all those strings to perform well anywhere in the 50-60 pound range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHitsHard93 View Post
Mikeler, I have a new string for you to try and I think you would really like it. Pacific premium power x 16. Tons of controlled power and really good comfort. I'm gonna hit with it again tonight and see how it does.
Pass, too expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdis10093 View Post
you and pv are still my favorite string dudes. I am pretty happy with current setup, buy do you have any new stout or ale recommendations?

hope life is good,
bests .
rdis10093
Thanks for the kudos. Good to see you back here. I don't drink beer anymore so I can't help you there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djNEiGht View Post
strings and beer!

also I enjoyed up&comer's thread...i believe he is busy with school
Yep, I miss seeing him here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdis10093 View Post
true that. are you from purdue as well?
Me? I don't do the cold white north.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotwheels View Post
bad_call, The application of PPA & Multifeel [& DM / DNA] are for ladies 110 sq. in. frames and fairly unaggressive play. The one lady has some serious tennis elbow and I just gave her some Pro Supex Maxim Touch Classic 1.30 at 40 lb. constant pull, as that was the softess MF I had around. I think some of these ladies are using synthetic gut and would benefit from a good arm friendly, value priced multifilament. My reference tension question more relates to a target starting point with the multifilaments you'all are using that will help me in getting the girls going.

Thanks again.
I think Maxim Touch Classic is the perfect string for this scenario since it is very soft and also has a lot of power. Another one to look at may be Genesis Xplosion.